Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Who Are You Grateful For?

 Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.
Philippians 1:3 
 
Have you ever stopped to think about all the people God has brought into or through your life?  I will be honest, there have been people God has brought through my life that I haven't been fond of, but the more I thought about it, God was teaching me through that person even though we may not have agreed on anything.
 
Yes, it is true that we may not like everyone.  And, yes, it's also true that some people are an "acquired taste."  You may not like them at first, but then they grow on you. God made each of us unique, yet similar.  We are drawn to people who think rather like we do and enjoy the same things we do.  
 
But think about the people who have been or are part of you life that you are grateful for.  Family and friends, of course.  But what about those who challenge us?  What about those who make us think?  
 
During this Presidential Election, I have seen all sorts of people expressing their views.  Some I agreed with, some made me think, and some I completely disagreed with.  But here's my point, I'm still grateful for those people!  
 
People!  Let's face it, we are on this planet together, Thank you for being here!

No comments:

Post a Comment