Monday, November 28, 2016

Apathy

So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.
James 4:17

I admit it, there are days when I just have the attitude of "Why even bother?".  I can sit in my recliner and zone out pretty much all day, (ask my Bride).  I have coursework I should be doing but "I just don't feel like it."  Ever feel that way?

Sadly, this is quickly becoming a mindset that is truly setting in to many of us.  We just don't seem to care much anymore.  

   *  Doing a job we were once so gung-ho about?  Nah, no one notices so why bother?
   *  Getting up to go attend services?  Nah, no one will miss me so why bother?
   *  Work ethic? Nah, who cares? I'm stuck in this spot forever so why bother?

When we become apathetic, every single aspect of our lives becomes tainted.  We slowly just stop caring.  Then we have the audacity to wonder why our lives have turned out so far from what we imagined.

How do we solve the issue of apathy?  When we notice it creeping into our lives, confront it and do the right thing the best way you can.  Always do your best!  

No comments:

Post a Comment